You want to save money on your electric bill but most of us don’t know where to start but its okay. Follow these steps and you will be able to pocket some money every month.
- Add weather stripping to your doors – it can help keep the cold air out and the heat won’t have to work as hard.
- Insulate your attic – its one of the biggest areas to lose hot air in your home. You can install what they call an attic tent.
- Free home energy audits – it can help you locate when the hot air is escaping your home and raising your electric bill.
- Replace your light bulbs – even changing 2-3 of the most used lights in your home can be impacted with CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs).
- And buying a programmable thermostat can cut costs of your bill.
With these 5 tips you can watch your bill change over the next few month and can be a big savings when it comes time to remodel a room in your house.
Take advantage of the cost savings to heat your home today and have newly remodel home this summer.